How do I add Impressum to WordPress?
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/impressum directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings > Impressum screen to configure the plugin.
What is an Impressum on a website?
What is an Impressum? An Impressum is essentially a statement of ownership and authorship. It was put into place to in an effort to protect user data, combat illegal content and spam by making website owners identify themselves, and as a result assume responsibility for the content on their platform.
What is an Impressum for your Facebook page?
What’s an Impressum? An Impressum is a statement of facts about a business. Think of it as a more formal “About Us” page. It contains information about a company’s ownership, business address, and contact details.
What should I write in Impressum?
What Should I Write in an Impressum?
- Name of the owner or manager of your business/page.
- Registered business address.
- Contact information (e.g., phone number, email address)
- Business registration information (including register name and registration number)
- VAT ID number or trade registry number if applicable.
What do I put in an Impressum?
Generally, an “impressum” contains the following information:
- Name of site owner, usually a business or organization;
- Address of site owner;
- Contact information including telephone number, fax number, and email;
- Name of the individual owner or manager of the site; and.
- Any registration and license numbers, including VAT.
Is an imprint mandatory?
According to German media laws, any website designated to be viewed by the public requires the addition of an imprint. This includes social media networks like Facebook or Twitter. Companies should ensure that their websites and social networks include the same information as part of their imprint.