How do I insert a table of contents in Word 2017?
Follow these steps to insert a table of contents:
- Click in your document where you want to create the table of contents. If you’d like it to appear on its own page, insert a page break (Ctrl+Enter) before and after inserting the ToC.
- Click the References tab.
- Choose the style of Table of Contents you wish to insert.
How do I insert a table of contents into an existing Word document?
Click where you want to insert the table of contents – usually near the beginning of a document. Click References > Table of Contents and then choose an Automatic Table of Contents style from the list.
How do I get headings to show in navigation pane?
To go to a page or a heading in a Word document without scrolling, use the Navigation pane. To open the Navigation pane, press Ctrl+F, or click View > Navigation Pane. If you’ve applied heading styles to the headings in the body of your document, those headings appear in the Navigation pane.
How do I add a list of tables to table of contents in Word?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
How do I change the font of a Insert caption?
To change the formatting of your captions throughout your document simply right-click that style on the gallery and choose Modify. Here you can set font size, color, type and other options that will apply to your captions.
How do I insert a table of tables in Word?
Insert a table of figures
- Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures.
- Click References > Insert Table of Figures. Note: If your Word document is not maximized, the Insert Table of Figures option might not be visible.
- You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
How do I update a table of contents in Word 2016?
Update an existing table of contents
- Locate and click the table of contents in the document.
- Right-click the table of contents and select Update Field in the pop-up menu.
- In the Update Table of Contents window, select the Update entire table option and click the. button.