How do I remove a non-breaking space in Word for Mac?
(Easiest way: Click the down-arrow next to the Paste tool on the Home tab of the ribbon and choose the Keep Text Only option.) This will get rid of the non-breaking spaces, replacing them with regular spaces, but it will also get rid of any formatting in whatever you are pasting.
How do I remove a Nobreaking space in Word?
The quick answer is that yes, there is a keyboard shortcut for non-breaking spaces: it is Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar.
How do I remove a non-breaking space in Excel?
Whenever you want to remove blank spaces in your Excel sheets, perform these 4 quick steps:
- Select the cells (range, entire column or row) where you want to delete extra spaces.
- Click the Trim Spaces button on the Ablebits Data tab.
- Choose one or several options: Remove leading and trailing spaces.
- Click the Trim button.
How do I remove a non-breaking space in Powerpoint?
How to globally remove nonbreaking spaces from session to session
- In the navigation pane, select Find and Replace and type ^s into the Find field.
- Type a space character in the Replace field.
- Choose Tools>Macros>Record Macro.
- Give the macro a name, then click on Keyboard to assign a keyboard shortcut.
What is the shortcut for hard space?
Inserting a nonbreaking space using a keyboard shortcut Press Ctrl + Shift + Spacebar. Word inserts a nonbreaking space.
How do you find a non-breaking space?
The quickest way is to press Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar (or on a Mac, type Option+Spacebar). Alternatively, you can select ‘Non-breaking Space’ from the Insert>Special Characters menu.
How do you make a non-breaking space on a keyboard?
1. Make a non-breaking space (Windows) : Alt + 2 5 5. The technique : You keep the Alt key pressed (key just to the left of the Space bar), then you successively type the numbers 2 5 5 , then you finally release the Alt key, which will bring up the non-breaking space as desired location.
How do you insert a nonbreaking space in Word on a Mac?
Non-breaking spaces are easy to add. The quickest way is to press Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar (or on a Mac, type Option+Spacebar). Alternatively, you can select ‘Non-breaking Space’ from the Insert>Special Characters menu. To work in more depth with non-breaking spaces, you need to be able to see them.
How do I delete files immediately on a Mac?
How to Access Delete Immediately from Mac Finder You can also access the Delete Immediately option and skip the Trash by using the File menu in the Mac file system: Select the file (s) or folder (s) you wish to instantly and permanently delete then hold the OPTION key as you access the “File” menu from the Finder
How does the “delete immediately” feature work on a Mac?
Essentially how the “Delete Immediately” feature works is by circumventing the Trash and rather than waiting for user action to remove the files, it just deletes the file (s) instantaneously from the Mac, making the delete immediately function faster than the typical manner of removing a file in Mac OS X.
How do you delete a paragraph on a Mac keyboard?
You can delete the entire line of text or paragraph behind the cursor by pressing Command + Delete. There you have it! Even on a laptop keyboard, you don’t have to feel constrained by Apple’s seemingly draconian Delete key—if you know the right way to use it.
Why is the Delete key backwards on a Mac?
One of the biggest pet peeves for users who switch to Mac from Windows is the Delete key, because it feels backwards. To make matters worse, the vast majority of Mac users don’t use the full-size keyboard (which has Delete keys for both directions).