How do you answer a history source question?
- State how reliable you might expect a source of this type to be.
- Avoid the word biased.
- State the specific purpose of the source.
- Include facts about the author, audience, or time period.
- Say what is exaggerated or left out and link back to your question.
How many pages should a 20 mark question be?
How much should you write for a 25 mark question?
Generally the essay should consist of an introduction, three paragraphs containing three different points and a conclusion. Typically this would take up 3-5 pages of A4 lined paper. Your introduction should set up the debate that is put forward in the question.
How do you Analyse a source in history?
How to Analyze a Primary Source
- Look at the physical nature of your source.
- Think about the purpose of the source.
- How does the author try to get the message across?
- What do you know about the author?
- Who constituted the intended audience?
- What can a careful reading of the text (even if it is an object) tell you?
How do you write an introduction for a history History essay?
For A-Level it is important to include an introduction, 3/4 main points which answer the question and present a coherent argument and finally a conclusion. Every introduction should include 3 main things, brief context, the different points you will be making and finally your argument, which I will explain.
How do you structure a history History Source essay?
First address Source A in a block, then Source B in another block and (for A level) Source C in a final block. Remember that you need to assess the sources. Keep doing that all the way through. Assess each source as you write the block and do a mini summary at the end of each section.
What is introduction to history?
2 of 72. 1.0 Introduction. History is the study of life in society in the past, in all its aspect, in relation to present developments and future hopes. It is the story of man in time, an inquiry into the past based on evidence. Indeed, evidence is the raw material of history teaching and learning.
How do you answer a 20 mark history question a level?
In this section you must:
- Include background information to this topic. This should be 2-3 sentences putting your essay in context.
- Set out your argument for the marker. You must say which factor is the most important and give your reason why.
- Finally, you must list the other factors you will discuss in your essay.