How do you convert drawers to shelves?
- The first step is to remove all the hardware.
- Next, fill in all the holes with wood putty.
- After that give the whole drawer a good sanding.
- Now measure the insides of the drawer so you know how wide to cut your shelves.
- After your shelves are cut – drill pocket holes on the undersides of the shelves.
What can you make out of old drawers?
15 Brilliant Repurposing Projects for Old Drawers
- Sandwich Station.
- Under Bed Storage.
- Bathroom Cabinet.
- Drawer Ottoman.
- Porch Planter.
- Entry Hangers.
- Picture Frames.
- Jewelry Organizer.
What can I turn an old dresser into?
10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- Space for a Sink. 1/11. Make a big splash in the bathroom by repurposing an old dresser as a vanity.
- Dressed for Dinner. 2/11.
- Drawer Decor. 3/11.
- Spring Wardrobe. 4/11.
- Tune In. 5/11.
- No Monster Under the Bed. 6/11.
- Open to New Possibilities. 7/11.
- Approach the Bench. 8/11.
How do you make under bed drawers?
Under the Bed Storage Drawer Tutorial
- Cut out the wood. First, you’ll cut out your wood using a saw.
- Sand your wood pieces. Next, you will sand off any rough edges with a hand sander.
- Assemble your under the bed storage box. Next, you’ll assemble your box using a nail gun.
- Stain your storage box.
- Attach the hardware.
Can you cut a dresser in half?
There are so many options if you are creative. Cutting the dresser in half to make 2 matching nightstands or living room side tables is a popular choice. You can even remove 1 or 2 of the drawers to create open shelf storage for magazines, books, remotes, etc.
Can you cut a chest of drawers in half?
Cutting the dresser in half to make 2 matching nightstands or living room side tables is a popular choice. You can even remove 1 or 2 of the drawers to create open shelf storage for magazines, books, remotes, etc.