How do you make headbands from scrap fabric?
- Cut the Fabric and Elastic. Cut out two fabric pieces: one 18″ x 4¾” and one 9″ x 1¾”.
- Fold and Press. Fold both fabric pieces lengthwise in half, right sides together, and press along the folded edge.
- Stitch the Edges Together.
- Press the Headband.
- Press the Ends.
- Make the Elastic Portion.
- Attach the Elastic.
What can I make with old T-shirt scraps?
Get those crafting scissors ready!
- Turn them into baskets.
- Give them to your dog.
- Cut them into headbands.
- Add some beads.
- Sew them into a quilt.
- Use them to hang your plants.
- Braid them into bracelets.
- Decorate your light fixtures.
How do you make a fabric headband without elastic?
There’s no elastic- it’s just two strips of fabric sewn together and flipped around. (or just one piece if you don’t make it reversible) I do recommend using a knit fabric as the extra bit of stretch will make the headband stay in place a bit better.
What can I make out of t-shirt fabric?
The stretchy knit fabrics in t-shirts are perfect for stretchy crafts, like market tote bags, headbands, beanies, and infinity scarves. If you can find a project that you like that calls for a knit and you can salvage a large enough piece of t-shirt fabric (or make one by piecing), anything goes!
How do you make a braided rug out of a t-shirt?
Make a Braided T-shirt Rug
- Step 1: Cut It. 2 More Images.
- Step 2: Braid It. After you have prepared all of your t-shirts and made them into yarn, it’s time to start your braid.
- Step 3: Coil It. Start pre coiling your rug.
- Step 4: Sew It. Start sewing your braid together.
- Step 5: Lay It.
- 8 People Made This Project!
- 96 Comments.