What an appendix looks like in a report?
Like the appendix in a human body, an appendix contains information that is supplementary and not strictly necessary to the main body of the writing. An appendix may include a reference section for the reader, a summary of the raw data or extra details on the method behind the work.
How do you add figures?
Insert a table of figures
- Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures.
- Click References > Insert Table of Figures. Note: If your Word document is not maximized, the Insert Table of Figures option might not be visible.
- You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
What is the difference between figure and picture?
is that picture is a representation of anything (as a person, a landscape, a building) upon canvas, paper, or other surface, by drawing, painting, printing, photography, etc while figure is a drawing or diagram conveying information.
How do you quote a picture?
Include information in the following order:
- author (if available)
- year produced (if available)
- title of image (or a description)
- Format and any details (if applicable)
- name and place of the sponsor of the source.
- accessed day month year (the date you viewed/ downloaded the image)
How do I label my photos?
Select a photo or photos, find the “Title” field at the bottom of the screen (and also the “tag” field if you want to add tags or keywords), and type in your caption. If you later open the file in another location, that caption will travel with the photo.
How do you add captions to photos?
Insert a caption for a picture
- Click the picture you want to add a caption to.
- Click References > Insert Caption.
- To use the default label (Figure), type your caption in the Caption box.
How do you label figures?
Figures should be: Labeled (under the figure) with the figure number and appropriate descriptive title (“Figure” can be spelled out [“Figure 1.”] or abbreviated [“Fig. 1.”] as long as you are consistent). Numbered in the order they appear in the text.