What is a star email in Gmail?
When you star emails in Gmail, you mark them as important. This helps you remember to look at them later.
How do you email the stars?
Add a Star to a Message. To add a star to a message in your inbox, click the star icon next to the sender’s name, as pictured above. You can also add a star to a message while it’s open. To do this, click the star icon in the upper-right corner of the message to the right of the date.
How do I find starred emails in Gmail?
To see all your starred messages, click the “Starred” label on the left side of the main Gmail window. 2. All your “Starred” messages will now be displayed. NOTE: You can also search for starred messages by typing “is:starred” in the “Search” box.
Can you sort Gmail by stars?
Instead, you can use labels and stars to sort your messages. On the web, click the cog icon, then Settings, then open the General tab. You’ll see a total of 12 different types of star you can use. To make more available inside Gmail, drag them up to the row at the top.
How do I remove stars from Gmail?
- Open the label (or, your Inbox, or Sent Mail, etc) containing the messages you’d like to select.
- Click the Select: All link above your messages.
- Click the link that says Select all [number] conversations in [current view].
- Select the 3 dots above the selections >remove star.
What is the difference between starred and important in Gmail?
The difference between marking a message as important and starring it is that, once you read a message, it disappears from the important list. Starring a message is more like pinning it to the cork board at your desk; the message only disappears once you remove the star.
Can you color code stars in Gmail?
If you dip into your Gmail settings you can add red, orange, purple, green, and blue stars, as well as check marks, colored exclamation points, and other items.
How do you send an email as important in Gmail?
How do I mark a Gmail message as high priority?
- Put a check mark in the left box next to a message.
- Click the More drop down.
- Select Mark as important or Add star.
Why do my starred emails disappeared?
It might be that you changed the inbox view from Starred first to something else. To see if that’s the case, hover over Inbox, in the left-side column, and click on the arrow to the right of it (the black square with the white triangle from the picture below).
Where are my starred emails?
Search for all starred messages with is:starred. Go to the “starred messages” menu hidden in the left column.
How do you Unstar messages?
Unstar a message
- Click Menu or above your chats list > Starred.
- Select the message you want to unstar, which will take you to that specific message in the individual chat or group.
- Hover over the message.
- Click Menu > Unstar message.
How do you Unstar something?
Tap and hold the starred message. Tap Unstar .