What plug adapters do I need for Egypt?

What plug adapters do I need for Egypt?

For Egypt there are two associated plug types C and F. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins and plug type F is the plug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Egypt operates on a 220V supply voltage and 50Hz.

What plug adapter do I need in Dubai?

Everything you need to know about your international travel plug adapter

Country / Region Adapter plug Type in Country / Region Voltage in Country / Region
Dubai G 230 V
East Timor C, E, F, I 220 V
Ecuador A, B 120 V
Egypt C, F 220 V

What kind of plugs do they have in Dubai?

In Dubai, type G plugs and sockets are the official standard. Like the rest of the Arabian Peninsula, Dubai has standardized on the British plug and outlet system.

Will a European plug adapter work in Egypt?

Egypt uses the same adapter plug that is used in many parts of Continental Europe. If you will be traveling to bordering countries Libya or Sudan, additional adapters will be required. Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts.

Can you use UK plugs in Egypt?

You can use your electric appliances in Egypt, because the standard voltage (220 V) is (more or less) the same as in the United Kingdom (230 V). Manufacturers take these small deviations into account. So you don’t need a voltage converter in Egypt, when living in the United Kingdom.

Do I need an adapter for Egypt?

You cannot use your electric appliances in Egypt without a voltage converter, because the standard voltage in Egypt (220 V) is higher than in the United States of America (120 V).

Can I use UK plugs in Dubai?

UK and Abu Dhabi or Dubai or UAE use same plug type G, which is the plug having three rectangular pins in a triangular pattern. Also, both countries operate on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz. Therefore, you can safely use UK plugs in Abu Dhabi or Dubai or UAE without adaptors.

What adapter do I need for Dubai from UK?

Good news for Brits heading to Dubai, as the country uses the same travel adaptors as the UK – type G. The three pronged plug is used throughout Dubai and other places in the UAE. This means no travel adaptor is needed as your regular plugs will fit into the walls.

Do UK plugs work in Egypt?

Can I charge my iPhone in Egypt?

To charge the iPhone using an Egyptian power outlet you’ll need to buy a Type F USB power adapter and a USB to Apple 30 pin cable – Apple should typically include the cable with the iPhone. First plug in the Type F USB power adapter into the Egyptian power outlet.

Is UAE voltage same as UK?

In the United Arab Emirates the standard voltage is 220 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. You can use your electric appliances in the United Arab Emirates, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220 – 240 V (as is in the UK, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa).

Can I use a travel adaptor in United Arab Emirates?

These types of travel adaptors should only be used with double insulated equipment, which will be clearly marked with the symbol shown below. We recommend you check your appliances before embarking on your journey, to understand the requirements in United Arab Emirates.

Do you need a plug adaptor for Dubai?

However, Type B plugs are grounded – which can prevent electric shocks if the plug is broken. The plug is the same for the UK and for Dubai so you won’t need an adaptor during a holiday to the UAE. Credit: Getty Images – Getty Good news for Brits heading to Dubai, as the country uses the same travel adaptors as the UK – type G.

Do I need a voltage converter in Egypt?

As voltage can differ from country to country, you may need to use a voltage converter or transformer whilst in Egypt. If the frequency is different, the normal operation of an electrical appliance may also be affected. For example, a 50Hz clock may run faster on a 60Hz electricity supply.

What type of travel adaptor do I need for Europe?

Brits heading on holiday to Europe will need travel adaptor type C, which uses 220 volts. This plug has two round pins, although some countries have other plug types. France, Spain and Bulgaria also use travel adaptor type F – similar to type C with two prongs but is round and has two grounding clips on each side.