How do I insert a 1.1 Numbering in Word?
Practice: Customize Outline Numbering
- Create a new document.
- From the Format menu, choose Bullets and Numbering.
- Select the Outline Numbered tab.
- Select the second option on the top row. The default is 1, 1.1, 1.1.
- Click Customize.
- In the Number format field, type Article before the number that appears in the box.
How do I insert a 2.1 figure in Word?
Step 2: Add chapter numbers to captions
- Select the object (table, equation, figure, or another object) that you want to add a caption to.
- On the References tab, in the Captions group, click Insert Caption.
- In the Label list, select the label that best describes the object, such as a figure or equation.
How do I insert chapter numbers in Word?
Add chapter numbering to your Word documents
- Open a blank document.
- Click the Style Box in the formatting toolbar and select Heading 1.
- Go to Format | Bullets And Numbering and click the Outlined Numbered tab.
- Select the fourth box in the second row and click OK.
- Press [Enter].
- Go to Insert | Break.
- Click Next Page, and then click OK.
How do you add an appendix to a Word document?
Follow these steps:
- On the Format menu, click Bullets and Numbering, and then click the Outline Numbered tab.
- Select one of the styles, for example, Chapter 1 (the last style choice).
- In Level, click 7.
- In the Number format field, type “Appendix”, and then press the spacebar to insert a space after the word “Appendix”.
How do you add a subheading in word Navigation pane?
You can also change the level of headings, and you can add new headings.
- In the Navigation pane, click the Headings tab.
- Do any of the following: To move part of the document, click the heading and drag it to a new location.