How do you cite Creative Commons images in APA?
The copyright attribution consists of the same elements as the reference list entry, but in a different order (title, author, date, site name, URL), followed by the name of the Creative Commons License. (https://www.flickr.com/photos/denalinps/). CC BY 2.0. Also provide a reference list entry for the image.
How do you cite Creative Commons images?
Title: The title of the image. Author: The name of the creator. Source: The URL where the image is hosted (plus optional link to author profile). License: The type of Creative Commons license it is available under, including a link to the relevant license.
Can I use images from Creative Commons?
Although Public Domain, Creative Commons (CC) or GNU Public Licenses allow free usage of images and photos, and the license status makes them seem safe to use, reality is using these kind of images in your website or online publication can be very risky, legal-wise.
How do you cite more than 6 authors in APA in text?
If a document has six or more authors, simply provide the last name of the first author with “et al.” from the first citation to the last. Example: Thomas et al. (2007) likened abnormal psychology to…
How do you quote more than one sentence?
A longer quotation might span multiple sentences. Use four ellipsis points (rather than three) to indicate any omission between two sentences. The first point indicates the period at the end of the first sentence quoted, and the three spaced ellipsis points follow.
How do you indicate Creative Commons?
Make sure to name the specific CC license the material is under and link to it, eg. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License with a link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/. Don’t just say the material is Creative Commons, because that says nothing about how the material can actually be used.
How do I quote in APA format?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, like, for example, (Jones, 1998). One complete reference for each source should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do I get a Creative Commons license?
Finding CC licensed videos on YouTube
- Do a search and find the filters option. After you do a search on YouTube, click on the ‘Filters’ option on the results page.
- Filter results. Under ‘Features’ select ‘Creative Commons’. Now all the videos in the search will be licensed under Creative Commons.
How do I cite Creative Commons work?
How to Cite Creative Commons Images
- Title: “Chocolate Chip Cookies” – make sure you put the title of the image in quotation marks.
- Author: Kimberly Vardeman – Make sure you hyperlink the author’s name to the authors page.
- Source: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hyperlink to original source.
- License: CC BY 2.0.
How do you attribute a quote to someone?
- In a short quote, attribution usually is best placed at the end of the quote.
- In longer quotes, attribution should be placed at the end of the first sentence or at the first natural pause.
- Place attribution ahead of the quote if the quote represents a change in speakers.