How do you cite what someone said?
When making reference to the spoken words of someone other than the author recorded in a text, cite the name of the person and the name of the author, date and page reference of the work in which the quote or reference appears.
How do I select a picture and caption in Word?
- Select the object (table, equation, figure, or another object) that you want to add a caption to.
- On the References tab, in the Captions group, click Insert Caption.
- In the Label list, select the label that best describes the object, such as a figure or equation.
Where do you put figures in an essay?
There are two ways to organize your images: either place them in your text next to the paragraph where you discuss them (Figure 1), or put them all together at the end of the essay (Figure 2). Images always need captions. Captions should do two things; label the image and tell us the image’s source.
How do I reference a footer in Word?
Insert footnotes and endnotes
- Click where you want to reference to the footnote or endnote.
- On the References tab, select Insert Footnote or Insert Endnote.
- Enter what you want in the footnote or endnote.
- Return to your place in the document by double-clicking the number or symbol at the beginning of the note.
How do you do an APA in-text citation?
Using In-text Citation APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14). For sources such as websites and e-books that have no page numbers, use a paragraph number.
How do you cite in ACS format?
ACS (American Chemical Society) style By author-date: surname and year of publication in brackets. Reference list: The list of references appears at the end of the paper in numerical order if cited by number or in alphabetical order if cited by author-date. Use only the initials of the authors’ given names.
How do you reference a picture in an essay?
Include information in the following order:
- author (if available)
- year produced (if available)
- title of image (or a description)
- Format and any details (if applicable)
- name and place of the sponsor of the source.
- accessed day month year (the date you viewed/ downloaded the image)
Do I need to cite my own photos?
If the personal photographs are yours and they haven’t been published elsewhere, you don’t need to reference them. Instead, note that you’re the copyright holder of the photograph in the figure caption.
How do you cross-reference figures?
Place the mouse cursor to where you want to insert the figure number. Click on “Insert” -> “Reference” -> “Cross-reference”. In the dialog box, select “Figure” as “Reference type”, then select “Only label and number”, pick “Figure 1 …”, click “Insert”. Now, we have Figure inserted in the text.
How do you cite an image from a website in APA 7th?
Go to the original location (website) of the image and cite in one of the formats above.
- Basic Format for Artwork: (Artist Last Name, Year) (Wood, 1930) -parenthetical.
- Basic Format for Stock Image: (Author, Year) if just referencing in-text.
- Image With No Author, Title, or Date. (Organization or website title, n.d.)