How do you link a table to a list of tables in Word?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
How do you name a table in Word?
- Select the object (table, equation, figure, or another object) that you want to add a caption to.
- On the References tab, in the Captions group, click Insert Caption.
- In the Label list, select the label that best describes the object, such as a figure or equation.
How do you reference tables and figures in Word?
Insert a table of figures
- Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures.
- Click References > Insert Table of Figures. Note: If your Word document is not maximized, the Insert Table of Figures option might not be visible.
- You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
How do you label a table?
Tables should be labeled with a number preceding the table title; tables and figures are labeled independently of one another. Tables should also have lines demarcating different parts of the table (title, column headers, data, and footnotes if present).
Do you have to cite a photo?
Like written sources, images also need to be properly cited. Images taken from the free Web, an online database, or scanned from a book must be cited in proper form. Images from royalty-free clip art need not be cited.
How do I link a table caption in Word?
On the References tab of the Ribbon, in the Captions group, click Cross-reference. In the Cross-reference dialog, select (in this instance) Table for “Reference type.” You can then choose to insert the entire caption, the label and number, or some other option.
How do you reference a caption?
How to Cross-Reference Captions in Microsoft Word
- Put your cursor where you want the cross-reference to appear.
- From the References tab, in the Captions group, select Cross-reference .
- In the Cross-reference dialog box, select the reference type and other options.
- In the For which caption section, select the item you want to reference and select Insert .
How do I label a table in Word?
Click on the figure or table where you want the caption to appear. On the References tab, click the Insert Caption button. In the Caption window, in the Label menu, select the label Figure or Table. In the Position menu, select where you want the caption to appear.
How do you cite a figure in-text?
All figures and tables must be mentioned in the text (a “callout”) by their number. Do not refer to the table/figure using either “the table above” or “the figure below.” Assign table/figure # in the order as it appears, numbered consecutively, in your paper – not the figure # assigned to it in its original resource.