How do you make a Mary Berry orange cake?
Whole Orange Spice Cake
- 1 small thin-skinned orange.
- 275g (10 oz) self-raising flour.
- 3 level teaspoons baking powder.
- 275g (10 oz) caster sugar.
- 225g (8 oz) butter, softened.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice.
What can I make with a lot of oranges?
8 Ways to Use Oranges
- Salad. Oranges are fantastic in winter salads.
- Punch. To use up lots of oranges at once, make a cinnamon-spiced citrus punch.
- Orange beef.
- Chicken marinade.
- Simple dessert.
What spices go well with orange cake?
Same as with the fruit, you can use any number of these spices so get creative and see what you can come up with.
- Star anise.
How do you make orange cake BBC?
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
- Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and orange zest in a large mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes, or until just blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until well risen and golden.
How do you make orange zest for cakes?
Fine grater: Do the same as the microplane, using the finest holes on your box grater. Peeler: Use a vegetable peeler to carefully peel off large pieces of the colored part of the skin only, dragging from the top to the bottom (not the pith). Then use a knife to mince the peel into very small pieces.
Can you freeze fresh oranges?
If you’re in a rush, one of the easiest ways to go about freezing your oranges is by placing them in your freezer ‘whole’ or, in other words, still with their peel intact. Freezing whole oranges is an ideal choice for anyone that wants to use their frozen oranges to make yummy, orange juice.
What flavors pair orange?
Orange: Pairs exceptionally well with almond, anise, banana, basil, berries, cherry, chocolate, cilantro, cinnamon, clove, coffee, cranberry, fig, ginger, grape, grapefruit, hazelnut, lemon, mint, nutmeg, persimmon, pineapple, pomegranate, rosemary, vanilla, and walnut.
What herb goes with orange?
Bonus? Blood oranges pair particularly well with winter herbs like thyme, rosemary, and mint — some of our favorite winter herbs. Blood orange cocktail recipes are also especially beautiful with their deep red-orange color.