How do you use Turabian style?
How Do I Format the Main Text in Turabian/Chicago Style?
- Choose a single, readable, and widely available font such as ten-point Arial or twelve-point Times New Roman for the body of the text.
- Indent the first line of each new paragraph half an inch.
- Leave the right margin “ragged.”
- Put only one space, not two, between sentences.
Can you use the same footnote number more than once?
When you are referencing the same source in two (or more) footnotes the second and subsequent references should be entered as “Ibid.” and the page number for the relevant footnote. Use “Ibid.” without any page number if the page is the same as the previous reference.
What’s the difference between footnotes and endnotes?
Footnotes appear at the bottom of the relevant page. Endnotes appear in a list at the end of the text, just before the bibliography. Chicago note citations follow the exact same format whether they appear in footnotes or endnotes.
How do you do an in-text citation for EndNote?
Insert In-text citations
- In Microsoft Word, go to the EndNote tab.
- Click the Insert Citation button.
- Enter some search terms and hit the return key on your keyboard, or click the Find button.
- Select the reference(s) you wish to use.
- Click the Insert button.
What does an EndNote citation look like?
An endnote is source citation that refers the readers to a specific place at the end of the paper where they can find out the source of the information or words quoted or mentioned in the paper. When using endnotes, your quoted or paraphrased sentence or summarized material is followed by a superscript number.
Can you put footnotes in the middle of a sentence?
Footnote or endnote numbers in the text should follow punctuation, and preferably be placed at the end of a sentence. If you do place a note in the middle of a sentence, for example at the end of a quotation, the number should always come before a dash. Notes should always end with a full stop.
How do you cite in endnotes?
This is one method to insert citations.
- Open your Word document. Click into the text where you would like to place the citation.
- From the EndNote tab click Go to EndNote.
- Highlight the reference(s) that you wish to place in the document.
- Click on the Insert Citation toolbar button (keyboard shortcut : Alt-2 ).