What are appendices?
Appendices contain material that is too detailed to include in the main report, such as long mathematical derivations or calculations, detailed technical drawings, or tables of raw data. each appendix must be referred to by number (or letter) at the relevant point in the text.
What is an appendix of a document?
Definition. An appendix contains supplementary material that is not an essential part of the text itself but which may be helpful in providing a more comprehensive understanding of the research problem or it is information that is too cumbersome to be included in the body of the paper.
How do I add an appendix to a list in Word?
Word: Add a separate list of appendices
- Make sure you know the name of the style you use for the appendix headings.
- Go to the References tab > Captions group.
- Click Insert Table of Figures.
- On the Table of Figures dialog box, click Options.
- Select the style you use for the appendix headings from the styles list.
- Check the Style checkbox.
How do you attach a document to an appendix?
Microsoft Word 2016
- Open the first document.
- Place the cursor where you want the second document to be inserted.
- From the Insert tab, Text group, click on the down arrow next to Object and choose Text from file.
- Select the file to be inserted.
- Click on Insert.
What comes first reference or bibliography?
The Reference list and/or Bibliography will be the very last section of your paper, before the appendices.
What are the uses of appendices in research?
Appendices are used when the incorporation of material in the body of the work would make it poorly structured or too long and detailed. Appendices may be used for helpful, supporting or essential material that would otherwise clutter, break up or be distracting to the text.
How do you list an appendices?
The heading should be “Appendix,” followed by a letter or number [e.g., “Appendix A” or “Appendix 1”], centered and written in bold. Appendices must be listed in the table of contents [if used]. The page number(s) of the appendix/appendices will continue on with the numbering from the last page of the text.