What is a good h-index?
H-index scores between 3 and 5 seem common for new assistant professors, scores between 8 and 12 fairly standard for promotion to the position of tenured associate professor, and scores between 15 and 20 about right for becoming a full professor.
Is mendeley any good?
It is a great tool for scraping citation information from web-based publications and some commercial and social networking sites. Mendeley allows you to share citations and documents with a group of up to 2 other users, or create a public reading list that is open to all.
How will Citing improve your research paper?
Citing or documenting the sources used in your research serves three purposes:
- It gives proper credit to the authors of the words or ideas that you incorporated into your paper.
- It allows those who are reading your work to locate your sources, in order to learn more about the ideas that you include in your paper.
What is considered a lot of citations?
With 10 or more citations, your work is now in the top 24% of the most cited work worldwide; this increased to the top 1.8% as you reach 100 or more citations. Main take home message: the average citation per manuscript is clearly below 10!
How do I add Google Scholar?
Create a Google Scholar Profile
- Step 1: Create your basic profile. Log on to scholar.google.com and click the “My Profile” link at the top of the page to get your account setup started.
- Step 2: Add publications.
- Step 3: Make your profile public.
Is RefWorks free?
Free with 300 MB of storage. Additional storage and group upgrades are available for a fee. Quick to learn; simple design.
Does mendeley cost money?
Mendeley is a free citation and paper management tool up with up to 2 GB of cloud storage.
Is BibMe free?
BibMe: Free Bibliography & Citation Maker – MLA, APA, Chicago, Harvard.
Which are tools for making references?
6 APA Citation Tools for Tracking Your References
- KnightCite. Hero Images / Getty Images.
- APA Citation Wizards.
- Landmarks Citation Machine.
- Cite This!
- Bibme Citation Creator.
How can I check my paper citation?
Click on Search. a list of publications by that author name will appear. To the right of each citation, the number of times the article has been cited will appear. Click the number next to “times cited” to view the articles that have cited your article.
Which is the best citation manager?
Top 10 Reference Management Software
- ReadCube Papers.
- Cite This For Me (formerly RefME)
How do I add citations to Google Scholar?
Select the “Add articles” option from the menu. Search for your articles using titles, keywords, or your name. Your citation metrics will update immediately to account for the articles you added. If your search doesn’t find the right article, click “Add article manually”.
What is double-blind peer review?
This journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. To facilitate this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity.
How do you publish a high impact journal?
5 tips for publishing in a high impact journal
- Ask these questions before you prepare your manuscript.
- Make your manuscript publication worthy.
- Write a good cover letter.
- Write an effective results section.
- Mind your references.
- 10 rules to survive in the marvelous but sinuous world of academia.
- 5 keys to building a kickass research knowledgebase.
How do you know if a journal is good?
8 Indicators of a Reputable Open Access Journal
- The journal is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- The journal is indexed in a major database.
- The journal publishes regular issues with a decent number of papers in each issue.
- The journal has a reasonably-sized editorial board with a chief editor.
- The journal has a strong, well-defined editorial scope.
What is a good impact factor for a journal in psychology?
Announcing the Latest Impact Factors
|Journal Title||2019 Impact Factor||2019 5-Year Impact Factor|
|Journal of Applied Psychology||5.851||8.068|
|Journal of Comparative Psychology||1.346||1.851|
|Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology||4.632||5.879|
|Journal of Counseling Psychology||3.697||4.656|
What is Scopus h-index?
The h-index is an index that attempts to measure both the productivity and impact of the published work of a scientist or scholar. In Scopus, the h-index is not a static value; it is calculated live on a set of results each time you look it up.
Why is peer review important in psychology?
Peer review is an important part of the scientific process because it provides ‘peers’ (who are usually experts in that particular field) and opportunity to check the validity of the research and make a judgement about the credibility and appropriateness of the design and methodology.
How are impact factors calculated?
The annual JCR impact factor is a ratio between citations and recent citable items published. Thus, the impact factor of a journal is calculated by dividing the number of current year citations to the source items published in that journal during the previous two years (see Figure 1).
What is considered a high impact factor?
In most fields, the impact factor of 10 or greater is considered an excellent score while 3 is flagged as good and the average score is less than 1. This is a rule of thumb. However, the wild card to pay attention to is that impact factor and comparing journals are most effective in the same discipline.