What is an XYZ thesis?
The XYZ thesis organizes your ideas about the prompt into categories, most of the time 2-3. The categories you choose are guided by the question that is being asked. It’s your job to figure out which categories-your “X, Y, and maybe Z” will work best for answering the prompt.
How do you write a thesis for AP history?
A good APUS opening paragraph thesis statement will usually express on main idea, provide an answer upon which people may disagree, and include your position. A thesis statement in APUSH is the position a student is going to take, the argument that is going to be made.
Which is an effective thesis?
It must be a complete sentence that explains in some detail what you expect to write about. is narrow, rather than broad. If the thesis statement is sufficiently narrow, it can be fully supported. is specific rather than vague or general.
How do you write a historically defensible thesis statement?
Follow these three steps.
- Establish a historically defensible claim. A historical defensible claim simply means is the argument you present in the thesis historical accurate.
- Establish a line of reasoning. A line of reasoning is simply the reasons you present to support your argument/claim.
- Evaluates the prompt.
Can you use However in a thesis statement?
Using a semicolon in your thesis statement can help you because: You can write a longer, more complicated thesis. The semicolon makes the thesis statement stand out for your reader. Using a semicolon and transition word lets you show how your ideas relate (by contrasting with “however” or adding “moreover”).
How do I write a thesis for AP euro?
Tips for a Great Thesis ✅
- Always state your thesis in the introduction.
- Take a tip from AP English classes- qualify your argument.
- Use simple wording.
- If you’re writing a DBQ, don’t introduce documents in the thesis.