What is the purpose of ACS?
The ACS is a nationwide survey that collects and produces information on social, economic, housing, and demographic characteristics about our nation’s population every year. This information provides an important tool for communities to use to see how they are changing.
How do you in text cite an ACS?
ACS suggests citing references in text in three ways:
- By superscript numbers: Oscillation in the reaction of benzaldehyde with oxygen was reported previously.
- By italic numbers in parentheses:
- By author name and year of publication in parentheses (author-date system):
Where do you put citations?
The APA Style rules encourage authors to place a citation after each instance of paraphrased or quoted information, versus the citation always appearing at the end of a sentence: “If the quotation appears in mid-sentence, end the passage with quotation marks, cite the source in parentheses immediately after the …
Is ACS double spaced?
It should be double spaced and should not exceed 200 words for Full Articles and Reviews or 100 words for Notes and Rapid Communications.
How do you cite a website in ACS format?
Format. Author, X (if any). Title of Site. URL (accessed Month Day, Year), other identifying information (if any).
How do you cite an image in ACS?
- Number style example: Reprinted with permission from ref XX. Copyright Year Copyright Owner’s Name. Reprinted with permission from ref 10.
- Parenthetical style example: Reprinted with permission from Author Names (Year of Publication). Copyright Year Copyright Owner’s Name.
How do you format ACS paper?
Formatting Your Paper Tips
- Margins. Page margins should be set 1 inch on top, bottom, left and right.
- Font. For the body of the paper, use an easily readable font such as Times New Roman or Arial in a standard size, such as 12.
- Double Space.
- Hanging Indent.
What are five things that need to be cited or documented?
Information that always must be cited—whether web-based or print-based—includes:
- Quotations, opinions, and predictions, whether directly quoted or paraphrased.
- Statistics derived by the original author.
- Visuals in the original.
- Another author’s theories.
- Case studies.
How do you cite a thesis in ACS style?
Basic format: Author. Title of Thesis. Level of Thesis, Name of University, Location of University, Date of Completion.
What is inclusive pagination?
The inclusive page numbers cited should encompass the complete article, not just the pages you used. Retain page numbers as they appear in the publication, as 15-28, v-vii, N37-N49, 230s-252s.
What is ACS writing style?
The ACS Style is a set of standards for writing documents relating to chemistry, including a standard method of citation in academic publications, developed by the American Chemical Society (ACS).