What makes a good online discussion?
Engaging in online chats Try to make your comments concise and clear. Remember to be respectful and professional: don’t write anything that you wouldn’t speak in class. Also, avoid clogging up the chat with links to extraneous resources. Stay focused and aim to add value to the class experience.
How do you write a discussion result?
- Don t repeat results.
- Order simple to complex (building to conclusion); or may state conclusion first.
- Conclusion should be consistent with study objectives/research question.
- Emphasize what is new, different, or important about your results.
- Consider alternative explanations for the results.
- Limit speculation.
How do you reply to a discussion on Moodle?
Post to a Forum
- Click Add a new discussion topic (at top of page) to start a new topic (if the forum type allows). The Your new discussion topic page opens.
- If there are already discussions started, you will see a list on the Forum page.
- Click Reply to post a response inside a discussion.
How do I use a discussion forum in Moodle?
Students access the forum by clicking the icon on the course page and depending on the forum type selecting, will typically be see a button to start a new discussion topic. They can sort discussions, subscribe to discussions from the toggle button, and favourite/bookmark discussions from the star icon on the left.
What is the Moodle platform?
Moodle™ is a user-friendly Learning Management System (LMS) that supports learning and training needs for a wide range of institutions and organizations across the globe. Moodle™’s modular nature and inherent flexibility make it an ideal platform for both academic and enterprise level applications of any size.
How do you facilitate a discussion online?
How To Facilitate Meaningful Online Discussions In eLearning
- Have A Conflict Resolution Plan In Place.
- Define Expectations.
- Take An Active Role In The Online Discussion.
- Make Participation Optional.
- Choose A Topic For Each Post.
- Reduce Online Group Sizes.
- Create A “Talking Point” Schedule.
How do you respond to an online class discussion?
5 Ways to Ace Discussion Board Assignments in an Online Class
- Reading Directions Is Key.
- Say Something Substantive.
- Don’t Procrastinate.
- Ask a Question if You’re Confused.
- Review Content for Clarity and Tone.
How do I join a discussion forum?
Just click “Agree to the terms,” or something along those lines, to begin registering. Fill in a registration form. Most forums will have a typical registration form, with fields that you need to fill in with information like your e-mail address, name, date of birth, language, username, and password.
How do I create an online discussion forum?
How to Create a Forum Website
- Pick a location to host your forum.
- Choose a software to create your forum website.
- Organize your forum’s structure.
- Design your forum’s theme.
- Create user rules for your forum website.
- Start conversations with interesting discussion topics.
- Publish your forum on your website.
- Advertise to your audience.
How do I create a discussion forum in Moodle?
Create a Discussion Forum in Moodle
- From the upper right of your Moodle course homepage, click Turn editing on.
- In the section from where you would like to link the discussion forum, from the Add an activity…
- Fill out the Adding a new Forum form.
- From the Forum Type drop-down menu, choose an option.
- From the Force everyone to be subscribed?