What can I do with old CD jewel cases?
YES, you can recycle them. Your CD and DVD cases are not entirely useless. Even though they come classified as type 6 plastic material, you can still recycle them. Many recycling centers collect them and make them into new plastics.
What crafts can I make with old CDs?
24 Wonderful DIY Ideas To Do With Old CDs
- Make a beautiful bird bath. meandmydiy.com.
- Turn your old, bland boots into shiny shoes. Mint Hasumy.
- Nailed it: driveway reflector. instructables.com.
- Infinity guitar picks. thinkgeek.com.
- Make a trippy lamp. lumberjocks.com.
- Easy ice scraper. Neven.
- A candle holder.
- Fridge decor.
Should I keep CD jewel cases?
Pros of keeping the jewel cases: Can keep the liner notes, and list of songs, along with the cover art, all together easily. If you loan your CDs (or DVDs) out you can easily label the case with a sticker, such as with one of these custom bookplates or labels, making it more likely to get returned to you.
Why are CD jewel cases so fragile?
Weaknesses. There are a number of shortcomings with the jewel case. The case is hinged on two brittle plastic arms, which often break if the case receives shock or stress due to being dropped. The teeth of the hub holding the disc are also prone to failure by snapping.
How long does data on a CD last?
Generally speaking, discs with recorded media will degrade faster than those without. Despite this, unused (with no data) CD-Rs and CD-RWs have the shortest predicted lifespan (five to 10 years), followed by recorded DVD-RWs (up to 30 years). Recorded CD-RWs and DVD-Rs have a predicted lifetime of 20 to 100 years.
How do you make CD art?
- Step 1: Things Needed. Any old CD.
- Step 2: Apply Paint. • Shiny side of the CD shows rainbow colors when light falls on it.
- Step 3: Draw a Design. Draw your favorite design on the colored side.
- Step 4: Scratch the Design.
- Step 5: Stick It on the Wall.
- 4 People Made This Project!
- 88 Comments.
What can I use a CD holder for?
Check out these 15 inspiration photos for upcycling old CD cases (or “jewel cases) in interesting ways!…15 Smart Ways to Use Old CD Cases
- CD case chandelier.
- CD case pen holder.
- CD case sapling protector.
- CD case lamp.
- CD case picture frames.
- CD storage planters.
- CD case calendar.